Harvest of the Month Recipe for April
These roasted baby red bliss potatoes are a delicious, healthier alternative to french fries. When done perfectly, the cut halves turn golden brown and the skins shrivel slightly, creating a thin layer around a pillow-soft interior. Delicious on their own, these potatoes are also a great start for potato salad.
Roasted Baby Red Bliss Potatoes
Yield: 8 servings
3 lbs. baby red bliss potatoes
2.5 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 clove fresh garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes and towel dry or let air-dry for an hour.
- Place dry potatoes in a large bowl and add the oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and spread out in one single layer. Do not crowd the potatoes.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until very soft on the inside.
- Serve immediately